HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY MY PEOPLE 💚
Dil Dil Pakistan 🖤
May this year comes with peace and prosperity to our country – Ameen
Now let’s begin with the blog
Okay so you might not know but I am Pharmacist by Profession, so the thought just came a few days back why not to do something profession related which may help you guys in different ways. As I mentioned a few days back in my Lemonade Recipe writing about Health Benefits of Lemon, so just thought why not to go Pharmacy style which will be helpful and informative for all the young girls, ladies and pharmacy students too. So let’s start
Why I started with Lemon?
I started with Lemon because it is affordable and easily available fruit (also a herb in some contexts) and has so many benefits.
Pharmacognosy of LEMON:
Scientific name: Citrus limon
Synonym: Lemon, Lemo
Part Used: Fruit
Chemical Constituents: Essential oil of complex composition: limonene, pinene, citral, citronellal, terpineol, camphene, phellandrene, coumarins, flavonoids, vitamin C, carotenoids, mucilages, calcium oxalate. Abundant pectin, sugar, citric acid, malic acid, flavonoids.
If you want me to go in detail of these essential oils do let me know in the comment section and I will do that for you.
For now, just jump into the Health Benefits of Lemon.
- Healthy Heart – lemons contain more potassium than apples or grapes and it is beneficial to the heart.
- Good For GIT (GastroIntestinal Tract) – kills stomach worms and the fibres of lemon treat constipation + assist digestion as it tricks liver to secrete bile as it has structural similarity to digestive juices which assist in digestion
- Decreases Weight
- Anti Aging – citric acid helps to neutralize Free radicals in the body which lead to ageing.
- Treats Scurvy – with the lots of Vitamin C it has it helps cure Scurvy.
- Freshens Breath – with its essential oils
- Prevents Kidney Stones – citric acid in lemon juice dissolves almost all kinds of kidney stones.
- Balances pH Levels – as lemon has citric acid and ascorbic acid it is acidic in nature. But once it is digested and gets into our stomach it becomes alkaline and helps fight the acidity of our stomach which is a major cause of disease. It helps to maintain the pH of blood too.
- Improves Skin – one main reason is its alkaline nature in the blood which helps freshen our skin. Plus lemon is said to be natural toner for the skin. There are so many health remedies of lemon for your skin, wanna know? Comment down and I will do that too for you.
- Anti Cancerous Property – lemon contains around 22 anti cancerous compounds
Now you know what to do with the lemons that life throw at you. Hope you liked it and if you know some more benefits of lemon let me know in comments. I will be pleased to know more about it. That’s it for now.
Thank you so much for your time