All of us love doing makeup but sometimes it is so late and we are so tired after parties or a long day of hard work that we either forget to take off our makeup or we are too lazy to take it before we go straight to sleep.
That is the worst thing one can ever do to their skin.
Everyone talks about removing makeup before going to bed but no one explains why! Today I will be giving you 10 reasons why you need to remove your makeup before going to bed so when you have them in mind you will be more motivated to take off your makeup.
Before getting into my post, join my Instagram Family by following me here to stay updated about my next blog post and engage with me in my journey of beauty, fashion, lifestyle, passion and craziness.
Now let’s jump into the reasons for why you MUST remove your makeup before going to bed:
- Makeup damages the skin around the eyes during sleep, making your eyes puffy, dark and dull.
- Mascara dries out eyelashes, making your eyelashes brittle, which will ultimately lead to eyelashes coming off.
- Lipstick and lip gloss dehydrate the lips at night, leaving them dry, dull, chapped off and even painful at times.
- The skin of your face may become allergic as it isn’t getting enough space to breathe. Also when your skin has so many products over it, and then skin secretions and sweat come in contact with it and your skin gets rubbed with your pillow or blanket, it can cause inflammatory reactions. These reactions may not only leave your skin red and inflamed but it may also give birth to different skin problems.
- Almost every makeup has oils in it, and if you have oily skin you know oily skin problems. If you have a normal, dry or combination skin let me tell you; the excess oils that are contained in makeup products can lead to severe breakouts, lots of pimples and acne on the skin. It will be your worst nightmare.
- As I mentioned somewhere above, your skin cannot breathe properly when under makeup which will definitely lead to the dull and dark skin.
- As your skin cannot breath and the oils are interacting, and there are even some weird reactions going on, do you expect your skin to retain its colour?? The pigmentation of your skin also gets disrupted which leads to severe discolouration and dark spots on your skin.
- One thing all of us are concerned about is ageing. Although all of us have to age eventually, we try our level best to slow or delay the ageing process as much as we can. As our skin cannot breathe and has many reactions going on throughout the night, free radicals may be produced which will fasten your skin’s ageing process.
- Skin cells are restored at night so make sure you remove makeup before going to bed.
- If you sleep without removing your makeup, your night skincare gets skipped, which is a very important step in maintaining your skin’s health and beauty.
Now you know the importance of removing makeup before sleeping. I am going to link a few quick, healthy and effective (and my favourite!) makeup removing products below so you can pick the one for yourself and remove your makeup in the shortest time. You can carry them in your bag and remove your makeup in the car before reaching home and jumping straight to bed or while entering your home and rushing to your bedroom.
My favourite makeup removers:
- Garnier SkinActive Micellar Foaming Face Wash, 6.7 fl. oz
- Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes & Wipes
- Bioderma Micelle Solution Sensitive Skin 16.9 Fl Oz
- Simple Eye Makeup Remover Pads