Last Sunday I had to attend a bloggers meetup and I was suffering from severe seasonal influenza so I wasn’t feeling well at all. But I couldn’t miss it so I had to get up, get ready and reach the destination. I looked really awful and I had to do some extra steps to look good so I just thought to share those steps with you. Yeah, so today’s post is about few steps that will make you look all bright and fresh even on a day when you are ill and dull.
- Exfoliate, cleanse and tone your skin properly before starting to do your makeup. That will remove all the dead skin from your face leaving it lively. Spraying Rose Water on your face after all this also helps skin look better.
- You need to moisturize your skin to its best, since that will help your skin to look rich and healthy. Make sure to choose a moisturizer that best suits your skin and apply a decent amount of moisturizer and let it settle down in your skin completely.
- When you are sick, your lips tend to go dry. I applied a generous amount of lip balm on my lips so they get hydrated by the time I apply my lipstick.
- For foundation, I applied a bb cream as a primer and then foundation on top. The reason I use BB cream is to get full coverage on a dead-looking skin day.
- One of the game-changing steps is colour correcting. I don’t have a colour correcting concealer so I use my orange lipstick to colour correct my under eyes. I apply a small amount of lipstick under my eyes and blend it into the skin until my dark circles disappear.
- For brighter under-eyes, I opt for a yellow toned concealer which turns out to make a big difference in hiding puffy eyes and dark circles.
- Apply face powder only on the concealed area and t-zone to matt-ify it and didn’t apply it all over the face to let the skin look dewy.
- Black eyeliner on the top lash-line and white kohl on the lower waterline can make your eyes stand out.
- Waterproof mascara aids everything, making your eyes look wide awake.
- Highlighter on the right place can also make you look bright. I apply highlighter on my browbone, inner corners of eyes, and on high points of my cheeks dragging it to the apples of my cheeks.
- I skipped the blush and used a shimmery bronzer to a bronzed look but you can use a vibrant blush to add colours and liveliness to your cheeks.
- After removing lip balm, apply your lipstick. Avoid matte lipstick o you don’t have dry patches on the lips.
- Last but not the least is the makeup fixing spray which locks all the makeup in place all day long even with a runny nose and watery eyes.
Spray your favourite perfume and you are ready to rock the look!
Guys, when you are sick, don’t skip any event as when you start getting ready and go out to have change you definitely feel better. These were some of my new tips which helped me achieve a flawless look on a sick day.
Comment below what your tips and tricks for a deadly dull or sick day are- I would love to read them. Thank you so much for all the support you guys are giving me! My blogging schedule is a bit disturbed as there is so much going on in my life but I ‘ll try my best to get back to my pace super soon.
I will catch you guys soon. Thank you so much. I really appreciate your time. Stick around for more.